Sunday, September 16, 2007

Greenspan says the war is about oil


Alan Greenspan, lifelong Republican and former chairman of the Federal Reserve, says in his new book that the war in Iraq is "largely about oil."

Gee, I always thought the war was about defending my right to dissent against it. That's what the pseudo-patriots usually say: Our troops are in Iraq defending our freedom. If they weren't there, I wouldn't have the right to speak my mind.

But now Greenspan says it's all about oil. Gosh! Who knew?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Greenspan must be another left-wing Democrat who hates our troops and is unpatriotic.
By the way, Rascal, did you catch Steve Chapman's column in the Sunday Chicago Tribune? It's about the overblown rhetoric on the issue of Islamic terrorism. It's excellent.

The Rascal said...

I did see it. Excellent piece. Thanks for reminding me. In fact, I'm going to post it right now.