Monday, June 25, 2007

McCain slanders The Rascal; lawyers alerted

On several occasions in recent months, The Rascal has predicted that John McCain eventually will drop his hopeless bid for the Republican presidential nomination, and I still think he will.

But McCain struck back today, declaring that anybody who dares suggest that he'll quit the campaign has been "smoking something stronger than is legal..."

Well, I'm not going to take that kind of slander lying down. No, sir. The Arizona senator's rhetoric in this matter is outrageous, and he's going to be held to account for it.

If McCain has evidence that I've written disparaging things about him while under the influence of anything stronger than V-8, I'd like to see it. So would the countless admirers of this blog who visit here regularly for a political-wisdom fix (if I might use that drug-culture term in this context).

I'm currently conferring with lawyers from the firm of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe (whose clients have included Johnny Carson and the Marx Brothers), and we're contemplating legal action. You haven't heard the last of this.

No comments: