Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yipes! Hindu to deliver prayer in U.S. Senate

The American Family Association, which claims to support religious freedom in America, has got its undies in a bunch over news that a Hindu cleric will deliver the opening invocation tomorrow in the U.S. Senate.

AFA spokesman Buddy Smith says Christians should "hold lawmakers accountable" for this outrageous promotion of paganism.

"I fear that while God has been so merciful with our country in the past, events such as are about to happen, like this in the U.S. Senate, is angering a just God," says Smith. "I fear that we bring judgment upon our country with such acts."

Whoa! I'm going to lie low tomorrow, just in case. I think I'll hide in the basement.

(By the way, be sure to check the comments at the bottom of the AFA article to which a link is provided in the first paragraph above. They're pretty rabid.)

No comments: